[erlang-questions] first erlang program

Rustom Mody <>
Sat Jan 5 04:15:20 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Steve Davis

> Hi Rusi,
> Run that program two or three times in one vm session. You may find that
> io:format isn't the big issue here :-)

Yeah I know processes are not dying (overpopulation? :D )

Welcome to the fun - your first program is definitely more sophisticated
> than my first erlang program was.

Thanks Steve for the kind words.

My problem is that Ive modelled this problem after haskell, where the
solution is a one-liner:
   sieve (p:xs) = p : sieve [x | x<- xs, x `mod` p /= 0]

And a control-C solves the 'inifinity' problem
My attempts at 'finitizing' the erlang are evidently not so successful :D
Any tips?

[About me: Ive spent 2 1/2 decades doing and teaching functional
programming. Never touched concurrency]