[erlang-questions] Can Erlang come under attack?

Paul Barry paul.james.barry@REDACTED
Fri Feb 15 10:20:30 CET 2013

I'm not a legal expert, but the Python world is experiencing this issue
because they didn't acquire "python.co.uk" way back when... and now the
domain troll that has it has decided to be a bit of a [insert appropriate
insult here].

In the Erlang world, I'd imagine Ericsson own the copyright to the name
(and they have an interest in protecting it), and - anyways - we have
Erlang Solutions based in Europe and they are doing a pretty good job of
looking after the interests of the community and Erlang's good name, also.

Paul.

On 15 February 2013 05:36, Rustom Mody <rustompmody@REDACTED> wrote:

> Please see
>
> http://pyfound.blogspot.in/2013/02/python-trademark-at-risk-in-europe-we.html
>
> I cannot say that I understand whats really going on
> The one thing that I get is that there was some minor neglect a decade or
> more ago.
> Maybe there are things that Erlang needs to beware of?
>  <http://blog.languager.org>

Paul Barry, w: http://paulbarry.itcarlow.ie - e: paul.barry@REDACTED
Lecturer, Computer Networking: Institute of Technology, Carlow, Ireland.