[erlang-questions] How to see which processes used ets table?

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Wed Feb 6 01:05:19 CET 2013

You have to be a little careful when doing process_info/1/2 on unknown processes. For example if you are worried about the size of message queues then doing process_info(Pid, messages) is not a good idea as it will copy the whole message queue. As in this case using dictionary as it will also copy the dictionary. Process_info() can be very useful but it is one of those BIFs with which you have to exercise care. As is processes() if you have many processes.

Robert