[erlang-questions] How to see which processes used ets table?

Morgan Segalis msegalis@REDACTED
Tue Feb 5 16:06:49 CET 2013

I have crafted a little function for process monitoring purpose, it might help you, if you're memory issue is process related...

Hope it will help

[CODE]
info() ->
    get_info(erlang:processes(), dict:new()).

get_info([], Dict) ->
    io:fwrite("Dict: ~p~n", [Dict]);
get_info([P|L], Dict) ->
    case erlang:process_info(P, dictionary) of
	{dictionary, Info} ->
	    Initial_call = get_dict('$initial_call', Info),
	    Ancestor = get_dict('$ancestors', Info),
	    case dict:find({Initial_call, Ancestor}, Dict) of
		{ok, Nb} ->
		    IncrNb = Nb + 1;
		error ->
		    IncrNb = 1
	    end,
	    Dict2 = dict:store({Initial_call, Ancestor}, IncrNb, Dict),
	    get_info(L, Dict2);
	undefined ->
	    case dict:find(undefined, Dict) of
		{ok, Nb} ->
		    IncrNb = Nb + 1;
		error ->
		    IncrNb = 1
	    end,
	    Dict2 = dict:store(undefined, IncrNb, Dict),
	    get_info(L, Dict2)
    end.
[/CODE]