[erlang-questions] "Automatic" recompile app from a console

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Fri Feb 1 22:28:43 CET 2013

On 2013-02-01 16:48, Garrett Smith wrote:
> For dev purposes, I bet that a few millisecond delay in change
> detection + recompile is okay. inotify facilities is a bit much IMO
> for this application.
>
> The Mochiweb reloader polls for changes to the beam files themselves
> and there is a delay, but it's not a problem, unless you're not
> *really* human.

There's also this: https://github.com/richcarl/file_monitor

I also had a couple of rather experimental modules called code_monitor
and autoload - I used to keep them under my EUnit development repo, but
I recently removed them and made a new repo for file_monitor. The other
files can be dug out from the history
(https://github.com/richcarl/eunit/commits/master) if you want to play
with them.

    /Richard