[erlang-questions] "Automatic" recompile app from a console

Dave Cottlehuber <>
Fri Feb 1 19:39:25 CET 2013

On 1 February 2013 16:40, John Kemp <> wrote:
> This does not seem to work on a Mac FWIW since there is no equivalent of the inotify tools on OS X, for similar reasons to Damian's suggestion. Otherwise (on Linux), it looks promising...

I've used rustyio/sync successfully on Windows and Mac, with notifu
and growl respectively. More info in the README.md at

The key things I found:

- run sync *before* you start editing your erlang files
- if the beam doesn't change, nothing will get reloaded