[erlang-questions] OTP-10984

Trevor Woollacott <>
Thu Dec 5 09:41:09 CET 2013

Thanks for the explanation

From:  [mailto:] On Behalf Of Lukas
Sent: 04 December 2013 12:24
To: Trevor Woollacott
Cc: erlang-questions
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] OTP-10984

It was a while ago so I don't remember the exact details, but I think that
in order to recreate the bug you have to do many many smallish (10-20 bytes)
writes to a file with a small (1-2 ms) delayed_write timer. You can
theoretically also get unlucky with larger delayed_write values, but I have
yet to see that actually happen.

Also fyi this race was introduced in the R15B release of Erlang/OTP.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Trevor Woollacott