[erlang-questions] lager and dynamic log cutting via compiled module

Pablo Polvorin pablo.polvorin@REDACTED
Tue Aug 27 01:30:47 CEST 2013

Some time ago I've seen performance degradation too,  only on tight
loops that were doing very little work but had some  lager:debug()
around.    My workaround at that time was to get the current loglevel
before entering the loop,  and then call lager:debug selectively only
if needed.    It did have an impact for me in that case

On 26 August 2013 14:11, Andrew Thompson <andrew@REDACTED> wrote:
> I'm willing to reconsider my change to ETS, if any tangible benefit can
> be seen. We might be able to switch to goldrush for all filtering, not
> just tracing. Goldrush does the 'recompile a module every time you
> change the config' trick, but nicely wrapped in a library.
>
> The goldrush dep re-introduced the syntax_tools/compiler dependencies
> anyway, so I've resigned myself to having to have them around.
>
> Andrew

Pablo Polvorin
ProcessOne