[erlang-questions] Why I cannot start sasl from my app file application specification

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Aug 15 22:23:18 CEST 2013

That's because unless you do -boot sasl, start SASL manually (with
application:start/2) or have it started as part of a release, the SASL
application is not actually started, and all the config file does is
define variables to be loaded once it's started.

If everything went fine with one of the patches I sent the OTP team,
R16B02 should see the addition of application:ensure_all_started/1-2
functions that will boot both the application and all of its
dependencies, recursively. This will make your use case simpler.

Regards,
Fred.