[erlang-questions] Why I cannot start sasl from my app file application specification

Ivan Carmenates García co7eb@REDACTED
Thu Aug 15 21:45:50 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have this application specification for an application.

{application, x,

[{description,                   "x description"},

  {vsn, "1.0"},

  {modules, [x, x_sup, x_log]},

  {registered, [x, x_sup, x_log]},

  {applications, [kernel, stdlib, sasl]},

  {mod, {x, []}},

  {start_phases,                []}]}.

Then when I try to start the system I get this error.

application:start(x).

  {error,{not_started,sasl}

I also have this config file which I load with werl -config x.config

[{sasl, [

                {sasl_error_logger, {file, "debug2.log"}},

                {errlog_type, error},

                %% define the parameters of the rotating log

                %% the log file directory

                {error_logger_mf_dir, "d:/WORK/x-1.0/error_logs/"},

                %% # bytes per logfile

                {error_logger_mf_maxbytes, 10485760}, % 10 MB

                %% maximum number of logfiles

                {error_logger_mf_maxfiles, 10}]},

{kernel, [

                {error_logger, {file, "debug.log" }}]}

].

If I start the sasl whether by hand in the console like this
application:start(sasl) or by the command line werl -boot start_sasl
  all
work fine.

But not from the normal application specification which should be started
from there according to the documentation.

Best regards,

Ivan.