[erlang-questions] disksup told me to delete all files =)

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Sat Apr 27 10:58:33 CEST 2013

Beware of documented disksup behaviour.

There is a file cleaner in flussonic which asks disksup disk usage. If it
is bigger than threshold, oldest file is deleted.

But disksup doesn't refresh its cache! So flussonic has deleted all files
on disk.

I have two options:

1) send timeout message to disksup before asking disk usage

This option is very easy, but I don't understand why disksup is so
complicated. Perhaps I don't know some problems under it?

2) don't use disksup, launch os:cmd("df -h") and parse it.

I need to launch it about 100 times per hour, so this expensive fork/exec
is not very expensive.

Which way is better?