[erlang-questions] MySQL driver

Pablo Polvorin pablo.polvorin@REDACTED
Tue Apr 16 22:07:43 CEST 2013

Is there a driver that supports the binary mysql protocol (not the textual,
sql one)  for  prepared statements?.

I come in a situation recently on a query where we have  to bind lots of
parameters into a prepared statement,  and the time to escape all of them
by the driver and send the corresponding  SET @N = ..   was substantial,
actually larger than the time it takes mysql to run the query.  Using the
binary protocol in this situation would help.

I found http://erlmysql.sourceforge.net/  that do support the binary
protocol, and although it was much faster on this particular query (order
of magnitudes faster)  it sometimes crashed and I found the code more
complex than other mysql drivers I've worked with,  both reason to make me
nervous about using it.  Is anyone using it on production?,  do you know
alternatives?

*
*

Pablo Polvorin