[erlang-questions] How to connect android to raspberry pi
Tue Apr 9 11:34:04 CEST 2013
Dear Aunty Erlang List,
I would like to write a simple Android Application.
What I want to do is build an Android client running on my phone
talking to an Erlang server running on my raspberry pi.
I know how to do the server bit on the raspberry pi, that's really really
but do not know how to do the Android bit.
Can anybody refer me to a simple( see footnote ) and *minimal* 
example code for Android that does (say) the following:
- Puts a single button on the screen of my phone with the word "click"
- When I press click sends a GET or POST request to a
web server with a known IP address and port (this will be my
 When I say *simple* I mean:
- All the code is made in emacs by editing text files
- There is a makefile
- There are some instructions (that work) which tell me how to
move the application from my development machine to my phone
What I do not want is:
- flexible cross-platform responsive designs
- integrated IDE cross-platform
- no stupid IDE that asks me questions that I do not understand
- one click deployment
- powerful API with bells and whistles
- built-in security, authentication ...
- designed for non-programmers
- no programming necessary
- make your first application and earn $$$ with one click
 Minimal means
as few (text) files as possible - and *with* comments
I want the good old fashion hard method. Sweat blood to make it work,
"read and understand *every* line of code in every file" - no
dependence on libraries - write the code in emacs - automate with
I know I'm a Dinosaur, and I should use Eclipse, but I always get
stuck at the first question when it asks me questions that I do not
I am seeking enlightenment, not ease of programming.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the erlang-questions