[erlang-questions] The BEAM Community was accepted in the Google Summer of Code 2013

José Valim jose.valim@REDACTED
Tue Apr 9 00:39:28 CEST 2013

Hello everyone,

I am very happy to announce that the BEAM Community has been accepted into
Google Summer of Code 2013! The Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is an annual
program that allows students to do paid work during the summer on their
Open Source Project of choice:

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013

For this year, we have decided to create an organization called the BEAM
Community that hosts different projects that run on the Erlang VM
(examples: ejabberd, disco, elixir, zotonic, etc). This is a great
opportunity to bring more students to our community while improving many
projects!

Getting accepted was just the first step and we need your help to move
forward. You can help in two ways:

*1. Get the word out!*

Right now we need to get students interested in the BEAM Community, so let
everyone know (twitter, mailing list, etc):

Website: http://beamcommunity.github.io/
Project's list:
https://github.com/beamcommunity/beamcommunity.github.com/wiki

Students should pick their favorite projects and write proposals to work
with them during the summer.

*2. Apply as a mentor*

If you are interested in any of the projects and you would like to
participate as a mentor, reach us in the BEAM Community mailing
list<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/beam-community>
or
the #beam-community channel on freenode!

If you have any questions, please let us know!

*
José Valim
www.plataformatec.com.br
Founder and Lead Developer