[erlang-questions] using inet_gethost_native even if disabled

Mon Apr 8 16:54:36 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 02:50:29PM +0200, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> So I tried to use the environment variable and it is still using the
> native resolving:
>
> Here is the trace:
>
> I/ErlangThread( 1447): default inetrc path:
> /data/data/com.example.app/erlang/bin/erl_inetrc
> V/ErlangThread( 1447):
> {error_logger,{{2013,4,3},{14,45,27}},"~s~n",["Error in process
> <0.17.0> with exit value:
> {epipe,[{erts_internal,port_command,[#Port<0.54>,[<<6
> bytes>>,\"localhost\",0],[]],[]},{erlang,port_command,2,[]},{inet_gethost_native,run_once,0,[{file,\"inet_gethost_native.erl\"},{line,152}]}]}\n"]}

Have you got more information on when this happens and on what OS.
It appears to be Android, and both the Pid <0.17.0> and the
inet_gethost_native:run_once() call indicates that this is
early in the start of the node. Can you confirm.

If so it might be that early in the start inet_gethost_native
is called before [file,dns] has been enforced and thus can
be regarded a bug.

Is the node started with short or long hostnames? More information
about exactly how the node is started is needed.

It might also be that this is a problem that the Android porter
has run into.