[erlang-questions] using inet_gethost_native even if disabled

Benoit Chesneau <>
Wed Apr 3 14:50:29 CEST 2013

So I tried to use the environment variable and it is still using the
native resolving:

Here is the trace:

I/ErlangThread( 1447): default inetrc path:
V/ErlangThread( 1447):
{error_logger,{{2013,4,3},{14,45,27}},"~s~n",["Error in process
<0.17.0> with exit value:

The first line display what is passed to setenv.

And when I read the erl_inetrc content on the device I have:

# cat /data/data/com.daleharvey.mobilefuton/erlang/bin/erl_inetrc
%% Use erlang's internal resolver. Native DNS on android is annoying
{lookup, [file,dns]}.

not sure what's the problem there...

- benoît