[erlang-questions] erlang hosting

Geoff Cant nem@REDACTED
Sat Sep 22 01:34:42 CEST 2012

Serge Aleynikov <serge@REDACTED> writes:

> I am considering to deploy some online Erlang applications.  Can anyone
> recommend inexpensive reliable hosting providers for running erlang web
> applications?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Serge

Hi Serge, if you have an Erlang web application that you want to deploy,
Heroku has buildpack[1] support for a number of OTP versions.

The big downside right now is that you can't do Erlang distribution -
your web app would have to coordinate via a shared resource like a queue
or a database as typical Rails/Java/... apps do. It's an unfortunate
restriction of the platform right now.

The upside is you get one free dyno[2] (linux container) for your app, and
a catalogue of addons[3] that together with the platform take care of
almost all your ops chores.

Cheers,
--
Geoff Cant (oblig: I work for Heroku and we love Erlang)

[1] https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/third-party-buildpacks
[2] https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/dynos
[3] https://addons.heroku.com/