[erlang-questions] C:\Program Files\erlx.x.x\bin - yes or no?

Simon MacMullen simon@REDACTED
Tue Sep 18 12:48:01 CEST 2012

...although there is still the installing-win64-on-win32 thing. You may
very well say "user error", but it would be really nice if the installer
didn't look like it had succeeded :-)

Cheers, Simon

On 18/09/12 11:34, Lukas Larsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The .dll should have been part of it, however when fixing something
> else we apparently broke this functionality. R15B01 works as it
> should, we'll build a new installer for R15B02 after lunch and get it
> to you as soon as we can.
>
> Thanks for reporting this error!
>
> Lukas
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Simon MacMullen<simon@REDACTED>  wrote:
>> On 17/09/12 17:25, Lukas Larsson wrote:
>>>
>>> have you tried running Install.exe manually in cmd?
>>

>> "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer.
>> Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
>>
>> So we have a culprit.
>>
>> I guess this is a shared library that can be installed by tons of things,
>> but I was installing on a brand new system. Is it possible to distribute
>> this library with Erlang? If not, is it possible to detect its absence in
>> the installer and pop up an error message telling the user to download it?
>> :-)
>>
>> BTW, I also get the same symptoms installing win64 on a win32 system. Yes,
>> of course you shouldn't do that, but again the failure is unobvious - you
>> just get a partial installation and no error message.
>>

>> Cheers, Simon
>>
>> --
>> Simon MacMullen
>> RabbitMQ, VMware