[erlang-questions] translating random (?) erlang.org pages...is this a scam?

Matthias Lang matthias@REDACTED
Mon Sep 17 14:50:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

I got the mail below. Its style is faintly spammy. On the face of it,
some student wants to translate part of the Erlang FAQ into
Serbo-Croatian. No reason for me to say no (I wrote most of the FAQ),
they seem to give proper attribution to the source.

But...this makes no sense. Why is a computer science student translating
seemingly random stuff? Some increasingly odd examples:

   http://science dot webhostinggeeks dot com/anglogold-ashanti
   http://science dot webhostinggeeks dot com/aaron-ova-pc-podrska
   http://science dot webhostinggeeks dot com/zasto-je-greengeeks-dobar-za-vas-po-trey-evim-

the last one is a (faithful?) translation of an ad for a web hosting
company. Huh?

I feel like I'm looking at a scam. Can someone tell me how it works?

I've slightly mangled the URLs and mail addresses.

Matt