[erlang-questions] Fun type specifications

Francesco Mazzoli f@REDACTED
Mon Sep 17 13:43:47 CEST 2012

At Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:33:38 +0200,
Loïc Hoguin wrote:
> This doesn't show the relationship between the input and output

It definitely shows that the return type and the argument's type are the same.

> and I get many warnings in one case if I do that (probably due to req() being
> an opaque type).

That is weird, which warnings?  Do you mean when type checking your code or for
the declaration?  I would expect the two declaration to be equivalent, but maybe
there are subtleties.

--
Francesco * Often in error, never in doubt