[erlang-questions] Why reductions of supervisor is heigh?

Roberto Aloi prof3ta@REDACTED
Mon Sep 17 12:25:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I test web server build with OTP, and I found reductions of supervisor was
> much heigher then gen_server, what was supervisor doing?

What kind of supervisor are we talking about? Does it have dynamic children?

In OTP you can have different kinds of "supervisor". Assume you use a
"simple_one_for_one" supervisor and you add children dynamically. In
such a case, you would perform a call (or even more than one) to the
supervisor process every time you append a child. That would affect
the reductions counter.

Roberto Aloi
@robertoaloi