[erlang-questions] Code Archives (Turning rebar into a package manager)

Ola Andersson A ola.a.andersson@REDACTED
Wed Oct 31 13:59:14 CET 2012

Hi,

I've been experimenting a little with escripts including code archives for test purposes.
It's a really useful feature that seems to work nicely at least this far.

The only stumbling block I have seen is when an application included in the archive uses C drivers.
When the path (code:priv_dir(App)) provided to e.g. erl_ddll points into a code archive it will result in an error.

I fixed it with a hack that extracted the driver to a temp directory and patched the app to read the driver from the temp directory and then remove it.
Not something I would use in production code.

Are there any plans to add the possibility to load a driver directly from an archive?

BR
/OLA.