[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 10:39:05 CEST 2012

On 23/10/2012 09:26, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> And this isn't about english here it's about a syntax. It may be
> unfortunate for some that it is english but that is just history. Just
> like we are using number syntax from a culture and symbols from
> another in maths.

The syntax remains the same: erlang

     词典:新生()  %%  erlang syntax

     dict:new()  %%  erlang syntax

Note that erlang terms do not have the same meaning as similar English
terms.  The erlang term "list" does not have the same meaning as the
English term "list".  You might call them faux amis.

Best

Ivan

Ivan A. Uemlianin PhD
Llaisdy