[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Michael Richter ttmrichter@REDACTED
Tue Oct 23 10:32:00 CEST 2012

On 23 October 2012 16:26, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:

> And this isn't about english here it's about a syntax. It may be
> unfortunate for some that it is english but that is just history. Just
> like we are using number syntax from a culture and symbols from
> another in maths.

Straw man.

Nobody is saying Erlang's syntax should be changed to match locales.
They're saying that VARIABLE NAMES (lexis) and FUNCTION NAMES (lexis)
should permit people to work in languages they're familiar with.