[erlang-questions] escript run from a rebar post_hook throwing "erlexec" error on Windows

Jesse Gumm <>
Mon Oct 22 18:44:43 CEST 2012


Hi David,

I do indeed have the latest version of  mimetypes.

Oddly, I can actually build the mimetypes app directly just fine.

The problem is when it's used as a dependency in a reltool generated
release, rebar crashes when it does the post_hooks.

I've done a quick git blame on erlexec.c and escript.c and nothing stands
out (neither of them have really changed at all). I've tried newer and
older versions of rebar. All with the same result.

The only variable that changes things is which version of Erlang. R15B
works, R15B01 and R15B02 do not. Maybe I have to look at erl.c. I don't
know.

Thanks though,

--
Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems
414.940.4866 || sigma-star.com || @jessegumm
On Oct 22, 2012 11:18 AM, "David Mercer" <> wrote:

> On Friday, October 19, 2012, Jesse Gumm wrote:
>
> > I'm running into a bit of an issue in trying to compile the mimetypes
> > package.
> . . .
> > I've tested this with R15B - R15B02 on both Windows 7, Windows XP, and
> > Linux. Linux (as expected) works reliably.
>
> I had issues with the mimetypes application on Windows because it expected
> Unix line-endings in one of the files.  I submitted a patch for it, and if
> my deciphering of GitHub is correct, I think it got merged into the main
> branch.  (I'm not a GitHub guru, though, so maybe I did it wrong.)  Check
> to make sure you've got the most recent version.
>
> Once I made that change, it did work for me, so I can confirm that it can
> work on Windows.
>
> Otherwise, I can't help you.
>
> Cheers,
>
> DBM
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/attachments/20121022/4ce142d6/attachment.html>


More information about the erlang-questions mailing list