[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Henning Diedrich hd2010@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 17:55:47 CEST 2012

On Oct 22, 2012, at 3:49 PM, Michael Richter <ttmrichter@REDACTED> wrote:

> I can't help but note

To re-iterate: whenever I made use of Umlauts in names, where it worked --- or even just '-' for that matter --- something else broke further down in the tool chain, or build process, at a later time.

Some tool less mature, still integral and more important to have than proper Umlauts in names.

I remember not one instance where it worked and did not have to be reverted back to ASCII-only.