[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 16:26:04 CEST 2012

On 22 Oct 2012, at 16:16, Max Bourinov wrote:

> Please remember that when we talk about those poor guys that know Erlang bud doesn't know English we still don't know for sure if they are exists :-)

Well, we have certainly had examples of people asking
questions on this list, apologizing for their very bad English
(in admittedly pretty bad English), so I'd say they do exist.

What I imagine would really help them is translated docs,
tutorials and books. I know the existing books _have_ been
translated into several languages, which is also a pretty
strong indicator that there are several people out there who
are at least uncomfortable enough with English that they'd
prefer to wait for, and pay money for, a version of the book
in their own language (I tend to always prefer the English
original even if there is a translation to Swedish available).

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com