[erlang-questions] mysterious unresponsive releases

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Sat Oct 20 11:31:11 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 1:06 AM, Jared Kofron <jared.kofron@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi List,
> I have an application which I build into a release via rebar.  When I build
> a clean release (R15B) and deploy it (via bin/appname start), I can verify
> that it is
> indeed running - it serves data up just fine and behaves perfectly.
> However, it does not respond to pings and cannot be stopped via bin/appname
> stop.

bin/appname are just shell scripts. Run them with +x flag, see what happens:

    bash -x bin/appname stop

You will see the flow of the script (like debug mode). Then repeat
that in command line and see where exactly it gets stuck or does not
do what it's intended to.

--
Motiejus Jakštys