[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

Yurii Rashkovskii yrashk@REDACTED
Thu Oct 18 17:06:32 CEST 2012

Patrik,

> > how their implementation somehow limited future optimizations that
> > could have been possible. Does it mean their support for Pmod
> > utilization means further optimizations will be cancelled?
> Well, the apply instruction will need to handle it - there is an extra
> branch that cannot be removed :(

According to my interpretation of my (totally unscientific) performance
test this branch accounts for ~1.35% of the total call time. In my books,
that's fairly insignificant.

Yurii.