[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

Patrik Nyblom pan@REDACTED
Thu Oct 18 16:24:12 CEST 2012

Hi!
On 10/18/2012 03:46 PM, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Patrik Nyblom<pan@REDACTED>  wrote:
>> Suggestions for a good definition of a variable name in *any* script will be
>> greatly appreciated!
> Is a symbol prefix an acceptable solution? Like '?' for macros and '#'
> for records. Now that we're talking unicode, there are plenty of
> symbols to choose from, but of course it would be better to have one
> that most people have on their keyboards :-)
>
> '_' would be perfect, if it didn't have special meaning to the compiler...
You mean something like 'capital latin letter, '_' or '§', then anything
except whitespace'? Well, that could work.

I would however like something that could include e.g. cyrillic scripts
*without* needing special prefixes that we would do not need in latin
character sets. The Uppercase unicode property might be it, but then
again, languages without uppercase letters are not handled fairly.

> regards,
> Vlad
Cheers,
/Patrik