[erlang-questions] [ANN] Spawnfest 2012 Winners

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Wed Oct 3 03:07:05 CEST 2012

E-Mail explaining who won and whatnot

Greetings everyone

After long weeks of deliberation, judges of Spawnfest 2012 have come up
with a list of winners and prizes! We encourage you to visit the list at
http://spawnfest.com/winners/
<http://spawnfest.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dc0d6a18030d7c143f0059d8a&id=72fcd6ac91&e=d7b27d993c>.
The winners have been announced for a while now, but I've been somewhat
too busy/lazy to come bring the good news to erlang-questions.

I (and the rest of the organizing committee) would like to congratulate
first and foremost, Daniel Luna, lone member of team ChaosMonkey, who
won the grand prize for this year. He earns himself $500 of O'Reilly
books, a GitHub Silver Plan for a year, a Raspberry Pi Cloudant BigCouch
Cluster, and a VMware hoodie. Many great songs shall be written in his
honor.

Similarly to last year, Spawnfest also received so many generous prizes
from sponsors we had no choice but to distribute them to many teams.
Other teams were given different prizes including, an iPad from Basho, a
ton of VMware hoodies, Github bronze plans, Heroku vouchers, a case of
wine straight from Argentina via Inaka Networks, Erlang Solutions Ltd.
training courses and tickets to Erlang factories, backpacks, and free
months of hosting at GreenQloud. Congratulations to all teams that
managed to get some of these!

We'd like to thank all participants in this year's Spawnfest. Much fun
was had by everyone involved over IRC, Twitter, and Instagram
<http://spawnfest.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=dc0d6a18030d7c143f0059d8a&id=38fd6135b5&e=d7b27d993c>.
We'd also like to thank the judges, who took time to try, read, and
judge each of the projects submitted, trying to coordinate over
continents to let us know who would win.

Finally, we'd like to thank our sponsors, who help make this contest
what it is through prizes, but also through support during the event
itself. Notable mentions going to GitHub giving us all free private
repositories for the duration of the contest, and GreenQloud for the
VPSes made available to all teams that needed one.

We hope we're going to be able to have a third edition of Spawnfest in
2013, and that people from the Erlang community will once again embrace
it the way they did in 2011 and this year.

And finally, thanks to the sponsors who make this contest possible,
through services such as repositories, VPSes, advertisement, and prize
giving to name a few:

Visit Basho
<http://spawnfest.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=dc0d6a18030d7c143f0059d8a&id=5df08c249c&e=d7b27d993c>
Visit GreenQloud