[erlang-questions] erl_parse.yrl structs?

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 23:02:05 CET 2012

On 2012-11-28 19:38, Matthew Harrell wrote:

> While we were mucking around in stdlib/erl_parse.yrl we noticed a commented
> out Nonterminal called struct:
>
>    struct -> atom tuple : {struct, ....
>
> Is this just a relic from the past from before records came to life?

Since nobody has answered: As far as I know, "structs" were an internal
experiment at Ericsson, one of the earliest attempts at
something-to-replace-records, and they were never shown in public. (I've
never seen a working implementation, only discussed it with the OTP
guys, probably more than 10 years ago.)

     /Richard