[erlang-questions] fallocate(FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE) / lseek(SEEK_HOLE / SEEK_DATA) anytime soon ?

Bernard Fouché bernard.fouche@REDACTED
Mon Nov 19 18:21:17 CET 2012

Hi List,

Is there any chance that the API support these features in a reasonable
time? I see that fallocate() implementation is stalled since 2010 and I
read nothing about implementing fallocate(FALLOC_FL_PUNCH_HOLE) and
adding support for lseek(SEEK_HOLE / SEEK_DATA) to [position/2] while
all these features should allow one to write some interesting db backend
on file systems supporting very large files.

Thanks,

     Bernard