[erlang-questions] A pointless problem?

Dmitry Kolesnikov <>
Sat Nov 17 18:28:42 CET 2012

This looks as endianness problem. You have to keep in-mind that binaries is big-endian by default, which contrasts with C memory. You have to be very careful of C algorithms mapping.

I've made a small fixes to int32list_xxx routines (see bold text):

int32list_from_binary(Bin) ->
	int32list_from_binary(Bin, []).
int32list_from_binary(<<X:32/little, Bin/binary>>, Acc) ->
	int32list_from_binary(Bin, [X|Acc]);
int32list_from_binary(<<>>, Acc) ->

int32list_to_binary(List) ->
	list_to_binary([<<X:32/little>> || X <- List]).

Some of tests got passed. Unfortunately, some of tests are failed I hope you can easily validate rest of you code agains endian.

Best Regards,