[erlang-questions] A pointless problem?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sat Nov 17 18:02:22 CET 2012

I am intrigued by what is arguably a pointless problem.

Looking at the tiny encryption algorithm aka XXTEA it seemed easy enough to implement in Erlang. I have an implementation (attached with source and all references inside the module) which encodes and decodes successfully... BUT the cipher text doesn't match the test vectors...

What makes this pointless is that I should "just make it a NIF" etc. But it's likely that I am misunderstanding some aspect of either Erlang or C, however I am confounded as to what that problem is... why does the attached implementation not generate the same ciphertext as in the test vectors from the C implementation? Can anyone spot my error?

Thanks,
/s