[erlang-questions] -type dict(_, _) ?

Stavros Aronis aronisstav@REDACTED
Thu May 31 01:23:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

This is a planned extension for Dialyzer. Currently support for parametric
types is rather weak (e.g. even a type name can appear only once,
regardless of arity, so no dict/0 and dict/2 types can be declared together
in the same module). Therefore only the dict/0 type has been defined, hence
the error you get.

If you are already implementing this with a dict, I would suggest that you
define the type as:

 -type players :: dict(). %dict(mpserver:userid(), mpserver:player()).

... and hope that the commented out version will be supported soon!

Regards,

Stavros