[erlang-questions] Multi-core experience as of May, 2012
Wed May 30 22:54:09 CEST 2012
I was wondering what the state of the art is for Erlang,
running on not-so-common (yet) processors/architectures
(eg: Tilera, XLP/XLR, Octeon, ...)
Since we may be few having access to such hardware, I'd
be happy if you'd share your experiences, so a little survey
would look like:
* Hardware (the multi-core part: CPU, board, ...)
* (optionally) Other hardware (RAM, disk, network devices, ...)
* Erlang releases (tested or in production)
* Number of nodes, if distributed
* Use of proprietary SDKs
* The C-side (Ports, linked-in drivers, NIFs)
* Native / cross-compilation
* Application use cases
* Numbers -the ones that make you/executives say "GO"
Just off the top of my head, feel free to extend..
Has the multicore era begun ?
PS/ Ok, there is http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html, but
the unasked questions never get answers :)
More information about the erlang-questions