[erlang-questions] secure use of cookies in an erlang application

OvermindDL1 overminddl1@REDACTED
Thu May 24 11:42:18 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 8:01 AM, eigenfunction <emeka_1978@REDACTED> wrote:

> Stateless applications are just too hard to secure. I wished there was
> a stateful webframework written in erlang, something like java-
> webobjects or scala-lift where you can just write your application and
> go to sleep without worrying about security. The first time i saw
> erlang-web and its component based approach, i thought they got it. I
> checked their wiki page but they did not mention security anywhere so
> i had to look somewhere else.
>
> On May 17, 2:43 am, Steve Davis <steven.charles.da...@REDACTED>
> wrote:
> > This is also quite interesting on the topic.
> >
> > http://www.cse.msu.edu/~alexliu/publications/Cookie/cookie.pdf

For note, but in the past I had loved using Wt C++ Web Toolkit, completely
stateful, high emphasis on security, fully javascript driven but with a
full functional fallback when javascript is disabled.  I have always wanted
something like it in Erlang.  Nitrogen gets kind of close, but still
missing the vast part of it, like all-inclusive state.