[erlang-questions] [ANN] yaml loader
Thu May 24 05:31:21 CEST 2012
I'm pleased to announce an application for loading YAML files into
Erlang. This implementation supports:
- Detailed errors on yaml load failures (line, column, reason)
- Anchors and aliases
- Merge tags
- The tag !atom for explicitely tagging values as atoms.
- An implicit_atoms mode to interpret values that look atom-ish as atoms.
- Customizable schemas via callback modules.
- Loading only, but perhaps it will also emit YAML in the future.
This application embeds the C yaml parser "libyaml" which is compiled as a NIF.
Details at https://github.com/goertzenator/yaml
For those unfamiliar with YAML, it is similar to JSON with a strong
focus on human readability and writeability. If you need to type in
lots of structured data, YAML is a decent choice.
More information about the erlang-questions