[erlang-questions] Writing platform independent Socket based binary parsing code

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Sat May 12 11:50:43 CEST 2012

Hi,

There are no needs for ntohs functions in erlang. Binary matching does the job and you should keep in-mind that by default it assumes "network byte order" ~ big-endian
So, like you've wrote you parse data through binary match
<<Version:32, _Rest/binary>> = Data  "big-unsigned" can be skipped (it is assumed  by default)

- Dmitry