[erlang-questions] Building, Packaging and Installing

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Mon May 7 20:54:41 CEST 2012

This came up on the erlware lists as well. Although both Eric and I
were hoping to put something a bit more structured in place before
discussing it with the community, the gathering pace behind this
thread suggests to me that there's little time for writing things up
so here are the links to those discussions:

- original idea from Eric:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/erlware-questions/GtFBTQtgeng
- overview: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/erlware-questions/omunsj8pfs4
- some of Joe's questions we already visited:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/erlware-questions/ZbRdDAkFQPo
- repository design questions:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/erlware-questions/vNHjrvIScGE
- erlang/repository namespace issues:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/erlware-questions/cav3oK_D8sw
- code signing:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/erlware-questions/1esqRJU11EE

I hope they provide some useful inputs to this idea for everyone's
benefit. Note that as far as I'm aware, no implementation work has
gone into this yet, although I have done some prototyping with git as
the fetch/synch mechanism using rather low level commands such as
fetch-receive-pack, which I mentioned towards the end of this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/erlware-questions/js06abXa8Mk.

Cheers,
Tim