[erlang-questions] Building, Packaging and Installing

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter@REDACTED
Mon May 7 15:31:24 CEST 2012

> > 7) Binary or source packages?
> >
> >    - Ummm - tricky
> >

> I think binary is better but adds a lot of complexity. Erts versions,
> projects containing native code, etc. makin this the publishers
> responsibility means the tool only has to focus on the packaging problem
> not the build space. Third party  signing allows you to support sources
> which gaven't been published by the originator.

I'd be happy with starting with just a source solution, but I think a
binary one is definitely needed and can be simplified with TravisCI --
it'll build with multiple Erlang versions.

I really wish I could plugin to the hosted TravisCI to have a job run to
publish artifacts. I only briefly looked into that, so maybe something
there is possible.

Tristan