[erlang-questions] enif_make_reverse_list() vs lists:reverse()

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Fri May 4 19:26:58 CEST 2012

The documentation for enif_make_reverse_list() says ...

 "This function should only be used on short lists as a copy will be
created of the list which will not be released until after the nif
returns."

I have a long-ish list.  Should I be opting to use lists:reverse()
instead of enif_make_reverse_list()?  I assumed they were the same and
for my situation I can use either, but the documentation suggests the
nif version may be worse.

Dan.