[erlang-questions] Erlang and FIX protocol

Max Lapshin max.lapshin@REDACTED
Thu May 3 12:44:56 CEST 2012

I've tried to implement it:  http://github.com/maxlapshin/fix

Problem with FIX protocol is that it is a low-level protocol with very
simple syntax, but rather cryptic semantic.

Frames are just what we need for it =))

So parser should be so smart, that it must produce high-level messages
from low-level protocol packets. XML description took from quickxml
project looks very interesting, because it is a good specification.

I've took this XML, added some erlangy stuff:
https://github.com/maxlapshin/fix/blob/master/src/fix_template.erl#L213
to make fields convenient to use and now I have simple protocol
handler.

Next problem is how to handle inlined groups and containers for FIX messages.