[erlang-questions] Browser quest anyone?

Miles Fidelman <>
Wed Mar 28 15:05:30 CEST 2012

Joe Armstrong wrote:
> Has anybody taken a peep inside Browser Quest?
> https://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/03/browserquest/
> It's HTML5/websocket game - client in browser server in nodejs
> Might be fun to implement the server in Erlang and compare with nodejs.
> This would give all sorts of interesting metrics - lines of
> code/performance etc.

Certainly seems like it has some scaling and/or reliability issues -
after initial screen setup, all I get is an infinite "waiting for
server" hang.  Repeatable in Seamonkey, Chrome, Safari - so it's not a
browser issue.  Might benefit from Erlang, indeed!

Miles Fidelman