[erlang-questions] Nitrogen on several ports

Motiejus Jakštys desired.mta@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 02:38:41 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 19:46, John Hughes <john.hughes@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi Jesse,
>
> Thank you! That sounds like just what I need. I didn't realise wf:socket()
> would tell me the socket type--very useful!
>
> I am actually using Apache as a reverse proxy to forward port 80 to 8000
> already... my problem is I want to access the *same page* (i.e. same .erl
> file) through http and https, and see different options in each case. I
> suppose I could make two different pages, but that would be more complex and
> less maintainable however I did it (code duplication or a more complex
> module structure). I'm not sure nginx would really solve that problem for
> me.

Depends where you want routing decisions to be handled. In front
webserver (nginx) or in Erlang application?

If in a-la-nginx, simply configure access rules for both http and
https virtualhosts individually.
If nitrogen case, I would think about doing the Erlang application on
a single http port, and using a real web server to make "real" 80 and
443. And append some kind of header in each case (X-port: 80/443 for
instance).

I don't know the exact syntax for web servers, but should be easy to
figure it out.

Motiejus Jakštys