[erlang-questions] Nitrogen on several ports

John Hughes john.hughes@REDACTED
Wed Mar 14 20:46:54 CET 2012

Hi Jesse,

Thank you! That sounds like just what I need. I didn't realise wf:socket()
would tell me the socket type--very useful!

I am actually using Apache as a reverse proxy to forward port 80 to 8000
already... my problem is I want to access the *same page* (i.e. same .erl
file) through http and https, and see different options in each case. I
suppose I could make two different pages, but that would be more complex and
less maintainable however I did it (code duplication or a more complex
module structure). I'm not sure nginx would really solve that problem for
me.

John

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Gumm" <gumm@REDACTED>
To: "John Hughes" <john.hughes@REDACTED>
Cc: <erlang-questions@REDACTED>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Nitrogen on several ports

Hi John,

You can get the socket from Nitrogen and from the socket determine its type:

In code that could be something like

is_ssl() ->
   Socket = wf:socket(),
   is_tuple(Socket) andalso element(1,Socket)=:=sslsocket.

Though I personally prefer to throw nginx in front of Nitrogen deal
with that kind of routing (URL-based, anyway).

-Jesse