[erlang-questions] Erlang meets physics

Jared Kofron jared.nance@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 01:30:07 CET 2012

On Mar 14, 2012, at 5:21 PM, CGS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Firstly, I am glad to see physicists getting interest in Erlang.
>
> I see Erlang best usage in physics in few fields from Astrophysics/Astroparticle Physics/Elementary Particle Physics:
> 1. GRID;
> 2. integrated in the readout of an array of detectors for atmospheric showers,

Very true, these are great test cases for Erlang.  EPICS is a project that accelerator folks wrote a long time ago (and still use and maintain to an extent)
that I think is a no-brainer application for Erlang: http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/.  It is written in C and forms a distributed data acquisition system.