[erlang-questions] Using eTorrent UPNP implementation

Edward Wang edward.yu.wang@REDACTED
Wed Mar 14 11:15:51 CET 2012

Hi Naif,

Edward here. To use etorrent upnp implementation, you need to include
following source files
(https://github.com/edwardw/etorrent/tree/master/apps/etorrent/src):

   etorrent_upnp_sup.erl
   etorrent_upnp_proto.erl
   etorrent_upnp_net.erl
   etorrent_upnp_handler.erl
   etorrent_upnp_entity.erl

And also:

- add its dependencies, cowboy and lhttpc
(https://github.com/jlouis/etorrent/blob/master/rebar.config#L17)

- add it to your app.src
(https://github.com/jlouis/etorrent/blob/master/apps/etorrent/src/etorrent.app.src#L29)

- start upnp supervisor when your application starts
(https://github.com/jlouis/etorrent/blob/master/apps/etorrent/src/etorrent_sup.erl#L74).
Once started, the upnp supervisor will take care of the first step of
upnp protocol, i.e. discovery.

- then you are ready to call whatever upnp actions out there.
Currently etorrent upnp implements one of them, AddPortMapping, as
defined in following specification:
    http://upnp.org/specs/gw/UPnP-gw-WANIPConnection-v1-Service.pdf
It is also what you are looking for, I believe. The erlang
implementation for it is here:
    https://github.com/jlouis/etorrent/blob/master/apps/etorrent/src/etorrent_upnp_net.erl#L153
It is very straightforward to implement other upnp actions modeling after this.

Hope this helps. Fell free to ask questions if you have any.

Regards,
Edward