[erlang-questions] Serving PDF using Nitrogen/Inets

Jesse Gumm gumm@REDACTED
Wed Mar 7 22:41:38 CET 2012

Hi John,

In your nitrogen installation, check out /etc/inets_httpd.env, which
defines a few common mimetypes for inets.

https://github.com/nitrogen/nitrogen/blob/master/rel/overlay/inets/etc/inets_httpd.erlenv

-Jesse

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM, John Hughes <john.hughes@REDACTED> wrote:
>> I’m having trouble serving static pdf files using nitrogen (running on inets
>> for the time being). I think they’re being served with the wrong content
>> type: my browser treats them as text and displays the PDF source; moreover,
>> if I try to “save the page” then a .txt is appended to the file name (I’m
>> running on Windows 7). This happens if I visit a URL such as
>> http://localhost:8000/file.pdf in my browser (with nitrogen running on the
>> same machine).
>
> When I use httpd/inets with modlib, I need to explicitly configure
> MIME types, even for images, css, etc. I wonder if Nitrogen does the
> same thing but has omitted pdf.
>
> You're seeing other mime types come through? E.g. css -> text/css?
>
> Garrett

Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems
414.940.4866 || sigma-star.com || @jessegumm